Sunday, March 11, 2012

Something like an Intro

Why did I write a book?  I obviously wanted to torture myself with many sleepless nights ramming my head against a wall as I tried to constantly shape and reshape people and concepts into a story people would read.  But I also loved diving into a story-shaped black-hole that I didn’t quite know how to fill but knew it needed filling. 
Why write a book?  Simple.  Too many characters were screaming to break out of my head.  And the only way to free a fictional person (at least the only way I’m used to) is to write them into existence; a birth which usually occurs on something white, like paper or word documents.   After a million revisions, my first novel Tetragrammar is complete.   
It was a painful journey, frustrating, enraging, but entirely worth it.  In the end, my characters Seven and Fable, Father Notion and The Authors, and all the Dynasties have danced the script I wrote for them.  (And many times, I don’t doubt I played puppet as they wrote themselves.) 
Why write a book?  I guess I did it for my protagonist, this guy named Seven, who’s also a writer/yoga guy like me. 
Now I sit back with a heavy sigh as a book-shaped burden lifts from my shoulders. 
I’ve written something.  Relax, right. 
As exciting it was to complete Tetragrammar, I’m equally happy to be done with it.  For now.  Now I’m left in shaky terrain of literary agent searches, query letters, and all those powers-that-be that will break my first novel into the Realms-of-Published. 
How to achieve this…Well, a blog.  I don’t know much about blogging, except it involves writing and social networking.  It’s been 2012 for two whole months, and so many people have taken to blogging for quite some time (except me).  It’s as good a time for me to join modern man and blog away.
I have several intentions for this blog.  One: namely promote my novel Tetragrammar.  Two: build interest in my future novels (there will be more; the insanity of story-building has already started).  And three: connect with those kindred spirits who are drawn to activities like yoga, meditation and martial arts; or for those inclined to open books and read stories that people like you and I make up; or for those who also write; or for all others who indulge in comic books and graphic novels.  And then if none of those things interest you and you so happen to follow the name Tetragrammar or Parliament of Pens during some random night of Google searching:  Welcome, too. 

2 comments:

  1. How intresting it is to have characters in your head and you bring them to life on paper for people like me to enjoy...how cool is that :) I will be one of your readers cause I know your book will get picked up:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I for one am very happy that Seven and Fable decided to plague u with their relentless pursuit to manifest into true character form - b/c they're awesome! :) Especially Fable - you know she is my favorite, lol. And don't worry, your novel will totally be published. Just a matter of time. And having this blog is a good step as well. The power of the people goes hand in hand with the power of the pen.

    ReplyDelete